Friday, March 13, 2009

My Narnia experience

i remember narnia, i remember a certain half beast half man character saying, "excuse me, are you what they call a daughter of eve?".

today i had a similar experience. i saw a guy come out of a hardware store with a few painting supplies... he got on an old rusted bike* and had a rocket ship taped to the front of it. he had a leather coat, shaggy hair, a half beard and pretty tight pants that seemed tapered. anyways, the only question that popped into my mind was, "excuse me, are you what they call a hipster?"

i mean, i listen to the pogues, i own a cardigan, i haven't combed my hair in a number of months, i play folk music, i play in an electronic rock band like depeche mode, i live in williamsburg and all my jeans have holes in them, but friends, with people floating around like the character mentioned above i'm confident i'm not a hipster... i'm just awesome.


* probably 20 years old

2 comments:

  1. is being "confident" similar to being "comfortable"?

    DEAL WITH IT TOM. YOU ARE A HIPSTER. You are the concept upon which all hipsterness is predicated. Learn to love it. You do look pretty hot in a suit tho'.

    And fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your counter argument to my distinction is a little weak... but the compliments tagged at the end make it hard for me to object.

    so i don't :)

    ReplyDelete